Sunday, March 15, 2015

millie creperie

Second on B and I's Kensington Market adventure was a stop at Millie Creperie.



Ever since I saw a picture of their Japanese Special Crepe, I knew I had to give this place a try.

Little did I know, this little shop is actually owned by one of my old friends from church! She came by the store midway through our visit and we were able to catch up. So Christinn if you happen to be reading this, here's a shoutout! :)

When we first got inside, there were no spots available. There are only about 3-4 tables in the tiny space, so we stood around awkwardly for a bit waiting for one of the groups to leave.

Millie Creperie serves a variety of different desserts such as crepes, gelato, and parfaits, but also offers a selection of savoury Japanese-inspired dishes.




I already knew what I was going to order, but B did some contemplating and decided on a scoop of Mango Gelato.


She originally wanted the Khao San Road Thai Iced Tea Gelato but sadly they were out for the day. This is something they work with KSR to produce, and only gets shipped to the store every so often. How delicious does that sound?!


This is my Japanese Special Crepe. Creamy green tea gelato wrapped in a warm, thin crepe.

strawberry, azuki, green tea gelato, matcha sauce, whipped cream


I honestly think this is one of my favourite desserts now, no joke. The green tea gelato was so creamy and meshed so well with the strawberries and crepe. It was like the equivalent of an Asian ice cream cone.

Millie Creperie has many other desserts that also sound absolutely delicious. I think I'm going to try a slice of their Mille Crepe Cake next time. It's a cake made up of 20 thin crepes stacked on top of each other, with light pastry cream between each layer. Definitely something different!


I know I say this a lot, but this is another place that would be perfect in the summer. A nice evening stroll to Kensington market + a stop here to grab dessert = the makings of a perfect summer night!

Millie Creperie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment