Thursday, October 30, 2014

sandwich box

I work at Yonge & Bloor in Toronto. Aka the land of bountiful shops, expensive cars, and countless restaurants.

Although there are so many lunch options, I find myself constantly going back to the same 3 spots.

One of which, is Sandwich Box. They have 3 different locations, but the one I frequent is the Yorkville location (corner of Bay & Bloor).

Sandwich Box specializes in sandwiches (duh), salads, and soups.

The first time my coworker took me there, I was super overwhelmed. There are so many different options for you to choose from. Different choices for bread, meats, veggies, sauces... everything.

I usually order a sandwich, which they toast up and serve with a side salad.




Here's what I typically order:

Prosciutto, arugula, jalapeno havarti, roasted garlic & cumin aioli on rosemary focaccia bread.


I'll sometimes switch it up by changing the bread or cheese, but this is definitely my go-to.

Here is one I got with the same toppings, except with brie and on potato focaccia.



Click here to see their full list of ingredients.

I'm not really a sandwich kind of girl, mainly because they're usually more dry than not, but these sandwiches are amazing. Depending on your combo of toppings, they can get a little dry, but somehow it just... works. I don't know how they do it.

At ~$10 a box, these are pretty pricey for what you get. I usually get hungry about an hour later, but c'mon, these are just too good to resist.

If you're ever in the mood for a quick (depends what time you head over) and delicious sandwich, Sandwich Box is the place to go!

Sandwich Box on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Your post has made me decide what I'm going to get :)
    (And yes, I went through your blog to find this post heh)

    ReplyDelete