Monday, September 22, 2014

it's all good, it's all grk

My mom and sister were downtown a few weeks ago and wanted to meet up for dinner.

We ended up trying It's All Grk.

There are a few locations, but we went to the one on Queen West (duh, fave neighbourhood).

The interior was decorated with clean whites and blues, in typical Greek fashion.




You place your order and then you sit down and wait for them to bring your food.



My sister and I shared a Beefteki Piato. I'm not sure how this is actually supposed to be eaten, but my sister sliced up the beef, put it on the pita bread, slabbed on some cole slaw, and added a few fries. Greek taco?

fries, tzatziki, red onion, cabbage, tomato, pita - platter style

My mom went for a Pork Gyro.

tzatziki, tomato, red onion, fries wrapped in a pita

Both were really good, however I had thought the beef in my order would come sliced like in a typical gyro. And then I learned that beefteki is ground beef and lamb. That makes a lot more sense!

My mom's gyro was really filling. Especially with the fries in the mix. I have to say that their fries were actually probably my favourite part of the meal. Fries + tzatziki = heaven.

Next time I'm going to have to try their GRK fries (feta fries)!

It's All Grk on Urbanspoon

After dinner, we stopped by Nadege Patisserie and picked up some macarons. I hadn't had a macaron in so long!


We then took a short stroll through Trinity Bellwoods before headed to Bang Bang because my sister wanted to try one of their ice cream sandwiches. I refrained from getting one, because I actually went with A the evening before.

rococoa dark sable cookie w/ chocolate hazelnut ice cream

Now that summer is over, I'm excited to see what fall has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment