Saturday, August 16, 2014

brunch and blue jays

It's pretty obvious I love all things Paris.

Anytime I see anything Paris-related in Toronto, I get way too excited.

I first discovered Le Neuf Café a few years ago when I used to work in a building in that area. 

A cute little Parisian-inspired cafe, opened by actual Parisians? Pardon my french, but hells yes.


K and I made our way there on a sunny afternoon for brunch.

It seems a lot of other people also had the same idea, because their patio was packed and there was quite the wait time. We were starving so we decided to eat inside instead. 

It ended up being a pretty good decision, because the inside was even cuter than the outside was.




The table next to us was speaking French. So were the waiters, and I loved every minute of it. It was like we were back in Paris. 



K ordered the Eggs Norwegian

brioche, w/ smoked salmon & hollandaise; served w/ homefries and greens

I normally don't like breakfast foods, or eggs, which their menu had plenty of, so I ordered une galette Méditerranéenne (a savoury crepe).

prosciutto, fresh tomato, basil, mozzarella


This was delicious. Anytime there is prosciutto involved, I am sold. I did have to say I got a little sick of this towards the end though, perhaps it was because there was quite a bit of mozzarella in the crepe.

I would definitely come back here, especially on days I miss Paris!

Plus, they had a cute little Jackschund (I think) dog hanging out at the front!


Le Neuf Cafe on Urbanspoon

After brunch, K and I made the spontaneous decision to go to a Jays game. Although we were not dressed in our Jays gear, it was a beautiful day, the Rogers Centre was nearby, and the dome was open.

Since it was already the top of the 2nd inning, we decided to try a few scalpers and see what we could find. In the end? We got two tickets in the 100 level for $20 each. They were not together, but we managed to sneak into the section right behind home plate, 16 rows up. For $20 bucks, that was a steal.

 

A fantastic way to spend a lovely summer afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And by 'this', I mean Paris (and brunch, and the Jays). Aka your whole post.

      Delete