Friday, April 18, 2014

sugar, we're going down

Sugar.

The reason for pretty much every 5 year old's existence.

And mine, of course.

There are a few Sugar Factory locations on the Strip, but I decided to go to the one in Paris, situated right under the Eiffel Tower.


The second you walk in, you're greeted by candy.

Rows and rows of sugary goodness.

Sour candy, gummy candy, hard candy-- anything you could possibly imagine.

Smiling cashiers included

I was like a little kid in a candy store.

I had originally wanted to dine in the main restaurant but we were running short on time because we needed to get tickets for the Cirque show we wanted to see ("O", at the Bellagio).


We decided to peruse the store and get a little dessert before dinner instead.

They have a counter where you can get ice cream, or make your own ice cream sandwiches.


Apparently they're the world's best.


There were even alcohol-infused truffles! Albeit a little pricey at $3.95 a piece.


I decided to try an ice cream sandwich.

You get to choose your own cookie and then what kind of ice cream you want inside.


Oh the choices...



I asked the woman behind the counter what she'd recommend.

"White chocolate macadamia with salted caramel ice cream", she said.

That sounded like a good combo to me, so that's what I went with.


My dad went for pink lemonade sorbet.

(A girly choice if there ever was one.)

While waiting for him to order, my ice cream sandwich began to slowly melt... 

I don't even know why I didn't think about that, and didn't realize until I took a bite into it.

...This is what became of it:


The cookie turned hard while the ice cream turned gloopy.

Not exactly the world's best ice cream sandwich.

I can't say I'd recommend getting the ice cream sandwich, because I personally prefer my cookies to be softer and the ice cream to be plentiful and harder (man, that sounds wrong...). But if you were to order this, be sure to gobble it up the second you get it. I've definitely learned my lesson!

I was eyeing some salt water taffy that I debated buying for the road, but I ultimately couldn't decide on what I wanted, and left empty handed.

I don't think I missed out on much, but maybe I'll stop by the next time in Vegas and grab a few handfuls of something sweet! After all, it seems to be a favourite amongst a ton of celebrities. Who knows!

Sugar Factory on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment