Wednesday, April 9, 2014

serendipity 3

I'm pretty sure every girl has dreamed about eating at Serendipity 3, ever since Serendipity (the movie) came out in 2001.

I mean, who doesn't want a crazy fairytale like that of John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale's characters?

Luckily for me, I learned early that stories like that don't exist in real life.

But Frrrozen Hot Chocolates do!

And it was quite serendipitous that Serendipity 3 was located right outside of Caesar's Palace, where we were staying. 


I was originally planning to just make a quick stop at the restaurant and try their Frrrozen Hot Chocolate, but we ended up finding a coupon for a free Frrrozen Hot Chocolate with the purchase of an Apppetizer (thank you mom for taking all of those flyers they offer at the hotel lobby!). We decided to make it a lunch trip instead.

Although the weather was nice and the sun was out, we opted to sit inside. 


It was definitely super cute, and reminded me of a tea party in a dollhouse.





Their menu was huge! There was even a $1000 sundae! I wonder if anyone has ever ordered that.




Our waitress was super nice and ended up letting me pick anything off the menu for the coupon to work, not just from the Apppetizer section.

My sister casually joining us at our meal

I ended up going with the Ahi Tuna Salad because I wasn't too hungry.


An amazing choice.

The portion was surprisingly large. The salad was fresh, the croutons were crispy, the dressing light and delicious. The ahi tuna was seared to perfection and went delightfully with the ponzu sauce (which I almost poured all over my salad because I had originally thought it was dressing... woops).

sesame crusted seared ahi tuna, spring mix, candied walnuts, avocado & herb vinagrette,
served w/ a side of ponzu sauce

My dad decided to go the breakfast route and ordered the Eastside Western omelette. I'm not one for eggs, but I tried the fries and they were so good.

tomato, mozzarella cheese, onions, peppers prosciutto

My mom went the more traditional lunch route-- the High Heel Pump sandwich.

prosciutto, buffalo mozzarella, beefsteak tomatoes, arugula, basil pesto, balsamic glaze
served w/ a side of sweet potato fries

...How is this a sandwich? This is more like a massive pile of goodness just smothered in sauce, served on bread. 

I'd lie if I didn't say I had a heavy influence over her ordering this. Prosciutto and arugula is one of my all-time favourite combos!

This was definitely delicious, but got soggy if you didn't eat it fast enough. We ended up eating the second half without the bread, and we still couldn't finish it.

I think it's safe to say Serendipity 3 has ridiculous portions.

The women at the table behind us ordered slices of cake ($15) and they literally got a quarter of a tall, tall cake. 

A quarter. 

Of a cake. 

What?! I mean, I understand the term "I love _____ like a fat kid loves cake", but c'mon, I don't even think a fat kid (no offense) could eat that amount of cake.

After seeing that we decided not to order any dessert, but stuck with our (free) Frrrozen Hot Chocolate instead. 

I went with the original, although there were many other flavours that I'd love to try next time (peanut butter? YUM).


This was everything I thought it'd be and more. So good. I slurped this up in about zero seconds flat (my parents got a few sips here and there too, don't worry).

Serendipity 3 is definitely worth the visit, if not just for the dessert/ The portions are huge, the prices are decent, and the service is fabulous. I will definitely be back!

Serendipity 3 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment