Saturday, April 19, 2014

chocolate by the bald man

It takes a lot for me to walk away from a slice of Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake from The Cheesecake Factory.

It is without a doubt one of my favourite cakes in the entire world, and the fact that there are no Cheesecake Factories in Canada makes it that much harder.

Let me give you a little bit of background information...

The Cheesecake Factory is one of my family's favourite restaurants to go to when we're in the States. So naturally when we found out there was one in Caesars' Palace, we just had to go.

I wasn't too hungry, so I went with the Luau Salad. I forgot exactly how large their salads were, so I ended up with this:

grilled chicken breast layered w/ mixed greens, cucumbers, green onion, red & yellow peppers,
green beans, carrots, mango, crisp wontons w/ macadamia nuts & sesame seeds



Essentially anything that can go into a salad, went in this. I highly recommend it if you like some crunch in your salads, mixed with a little bit of everything.

Anyway, back to the main purpose of this post.

What exactly was keeping me from those layers and layers of fudge cake, with chocolate truffle cream and chocolate mousse? (Ugh craving it as I type this)

The answer: A little chocolate shop by the name of Max Brenner.



A great mantra to live by


The interior of the restaurant/shop resembled a chocolate factory.

Notice the "100% Pure Chocolate" pipes that run throughout the space!




I read somewhere that the Melting Chocolate Truffle Heart Cake & Shake was a must-try.



So of course we ordered it. We also wanted to get a slice of tiramisu, but they ran out so our waiter recommended The S'mores Concoction instead.

Lookit.

milk & white chocolate heart cake served with creamy vanilla ice cream, red berries,
& an iced milk chocolate shot

marshmallow fluff, milk chocolate mousse, graham crackers, caramelized bananas

Personally the chocolate cake didn't really do it for me. It was a little bit on the dry side, which is something I cannot do in cakes. Cakes have to be either insanely rich and moist (sorry, I hate this word too), or made of ice cream.

The Smore's Concoction however, was a whole different story.

There were layers of marshmallow, chocolate, and graham cracker in every bite. One of the best desserts I've had in a while.


Make sure you get this if you are ever in Vegas! I promise you will NOT be disappointed!

And while you are there, make sure you order one for takeout, and ship it to me. I will be eternally grateful, heh.

After we devoured our desserts, we headed over to the shop area of the restaurant to look through all of the chocolate-y items.




They had some strange mugs too. Special ones designed to maximize chocolate consumption.

I saw this Kangaroo one and I knew I had to get it for K. Chocolate and coffee? Definitely her cup of tea (or should I say coffee...).


There was also a Hug Mug. For chocolate drinking ceremonies.

Two questions: what are chocolate drinking ceremonies, and where can I attend?


Max Brenner definitely hit the nail on the head with this one.

Chocolate, desserts, and strange cups = the ultimate recipe for success.

Plus, they also have a dessert called the "Chocolate Chunks Pizza".

Click here to see what that looks like. Warning: it is not for the faint of heart.

Max Brenner Chocolate by The Bald Man on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks <3 LLove you!
    Slash, I haven't had a chance to try it yet.. But I will bring it over once you move and we shall both try it out :)

    ReplyDelete