Saturday, March 29, 2014

viva las vega$

There is one thing I love more than food.

Travelling!

(Because there are all sorts of new food to try... duh)

And also because I get to take as many pictures as I want, without being judged (hooray for being a tourist!).

A month ago I flew out to Vegas, with my parents in tow. We left my sister behind because she couldn't take time off school (#sorrynotsorry).



I had a huge list of things I wanted to see and do, and I'm happy to say I accomplished about 90% of it!

We stayed at Caesar's Palace. I think it's now one of my favourite hotels to date.


I was planning to use the $20 trick to get a "complimentary upgrade", but chickened out when the time actually came (typical...).

For those of you who don't know what the $20 trick is, it's when you slip a $20 in between your credit card and ID when checking in and ask if there is anything better that they can do. Usually it works and you get upgraded to a better suite, but sometimes it doesn't.

Although I didn't go through with my original plan, I still asked if they could give us a better room (without the cash incentive), and I succeeded!

Look at this beauty of a bathroom we got. We stayed in the Palace Tower.


The next day, we headed off to the strip to explore.




Oh hello again Paris, fancy seeing you here.

Our first stop? Why Gordon Ramsay's BurGR of course. One word: Amazing.


See the blog post for it here.

After lunch we hit the slot machines for our first shot at gambling.

My dad and I put in a dollar at the penny slots and managed to make $5.45 off of it! The lady at the cashout desk probably thought I was crazy, but hey, winnings are winnings, no matter how small.

Cha-chinggg

I became quite the slot machine addict by the first night of our trip... one time I had made $25 off $1 but I got greedy and kept going and going till I lost it all again. (#typicalgambler)

Afterwards we headed back onto the Strip, winding in and out of all the hotels to snap pics and explore all that Vegas had to offer.


Inside the Bellagio

Statue imitating: one of my finest skills

We stopped by Jean Philippe Patisserie while inside the Bellagio.


Look at the massive chocolate fountain!


I opted for some berry gelato. The single scoop portion was surprisingly large (and very much refreshing)!


Jean-Philippe P√Ętisserie on Urbanspoon

Just getting married at the Flamingo, nbd

The parentals 



Typical.

For dinner we went to The Buffet at Wynn. My aunt had recommended it as being one of the best buffets on the Strip so we had to give it a shot.

I personally was more excited for The Wicked Spoon at the Cosmopolitan but my dad was very excited to try this place.

The most gorgeous flower arrangements

Dessert, anyone?

Look at all this chocolate goodness!

Unfortunately not all of them were good. Surprisingly it was actually the creme brulee that came out on top.

To be honest, the whole buffet can be summarized in this one picture. It all looked amazing but didn't turn out to be as good as we thought it would be.


We did get to the buffet pretty late however, around an hour before it closed. Maybe that's why the food wasn't up to par?

The Wynn Buffet on Urbanspoon

To walk off all the extra calories we gained, we went off to do some more exploring (of course).



Tulips, by Jeff Koons

Stopped for a quick round...

Inside the Venetian I discovered two things.

Joe Bastianich has a restaurant, and the Cake Boss was opening a Carlo's Bake Shop inside the hotel.

These two places are definitely on my to-go list for next time!






After a good 15 hours of being out and about, that concluded our first (technically second) day in Vegas.

I apologize for the super long, photo heavy post, but hey, I haven't posted in a while and I had the most amazing time in Vegas so it's only right to share it in its entirety right?

Be sure to stay tuned for posts of days 2-4 as well as my separate food posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment