Sunday, March 30, 2014

burGR

My favourite celebrity chef of all time is Gordon Ramsay, hands down.

Ever since watching him and his rage-filled ways on Hell's Kitchen when I was younger, I've been hooked. 

It only made sense that I had to visit one of his restaurants while in Vegas!

Now to be honest, I had really really really wanted to go to Steak, one of his other restaurants in Paris (the hotel), but it was just too pricey and my parents were not down for it. 

Next time I am definitely going, no matter what the price. Correction: I NEED to go.

To compromise, I decided BurGR at Planet Hollywood would be a great place to check out. After all, it was featured on season 4 of MasterChef!


  


We waited for around 10 minutes before getting seated, so not too bad. 

The interior of the restaurant was not what I expected. It was a lot more open and visible to the lobby and shops of PH than I expected. I guess from the episode of MasterChef it seemed as if the restaurant was a little more closed off and located in a more isolated area. 




"Ohmg soo excited!"

I don't know why, but I had this absurd hope that maybe Gordon would coincidentally be there to just check up on the restaurant or something, and that maybe I'd get to meet him. 

Of course that didn't happen... but a girl can dream, right?

I think our server said that one girl from a recent season of Hell's Kitchen happened to be working in the kitchen that day though. Not exactly the same, but it's better than nothing!

We perused the menu, listened to the suggestions made by our server, and finally made our choices.

Here was my face when we got our food. 


Just like Gordon.

One of the items I was most excited for when I was looking at the menu online (before my trip... gotta do some research, duh!) was the Truffle Parmesan Fries

Fries, truffle parmesan/salt, aioli. How amazing does this look? Because it was, times one hundred. Even my dad who normally hates cheese loved it!

hand cut fries, truffle parmesan, truffle salt, truffle aioli

My dad went with the Chanterelle Burger

chanterelle mushrooms, arugula, figgy onion jam

Mother went with the Farm Burger, which is apparently one of their best burgers.

duck breast bacon, english sharp cheddar, fried egg

I chose the Hell's Kitchen Burger, another fan favourite. Can you tell why I picked this one?

asadero cheese, roasted jalapeno peppers, oven roasted tomato 

This was one of the best burgers I had ever tasted-- until I reached the middle, and the burger started to live up to its name.

There were so many jalapeno peppers. I soon realized a normal person would've been okay, because a normal person would've left the avocado that the burger comes with, in the burger, which was meant to neutralize the level of hotness from the peppers.

As you know, I am no ordinary person and I also happen to dislike avocados, so as a result I had to endure a mouthful of flames.

I ended up being okay, because everytime it started to get too spicy, I'd just pop a few fries into my mouth and boom, problem solved.


BurGR is definitely a place you have to try if you're ever in Vegas. 

As much as I would love to return the next time I am there, there are just so many other burger places on the Strip that it would be a shame to go to the same place twice (ie. Burger Bar, BLT Burger, B&B Burger and Beer.. the list goes on). 

Rest assured, as soon as I make my way through the long list of burger joints, I will be back. And who knows, maybe next time Gordon Ramsay will be there! 

(...Probably not, but I'll keep wishing!) 

Gordon Ramsay BurGR on Urbanspoon

UPDATE:
So I tweeted this blog post on my Twitter account and tagged Gordon Ramsay, for the sake of tagging Gordon Ramsay... and guess what.


He replied and retweeted me. 

GORDON RAMSAY tweeted me.

Let's just ignore the part where he spelled my name wrong, because who cares. He could spell my name as Ivan and I would still be on top of the moon.

My Sunday night has been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment