Wednesday, February 19, 2014

skyrobics

I think I need to stop posting about food for a while.

My blog was intended to be a lifestyle blog, but recently it has somewhat turned into a food blog...

So to shake things up a bit, I'll tell you what I did earlier today.

I went to Skyrobics!


Aerobics + trampolines = Skyrobics.

It was a class at my local indoor trampoline park, Skyzone.

They have open jumps where you can just go in and jump for 30, 60, 90, or 120 minute increments, as well as trampoline dodgeball, a basketball dunk area, and Skyrobics.

My guy friends had tried to convince me to go to trampoline dodgeball with them on numerous occasions, but from the stories they've told me, it sounded way too violent for me. 

I've wanted to go to Skyzone for a while now just to jump, and only recently learned that they had Skyrobics classes.

I dragged B with me, to what would be my first workout in ages (woops!).

They make you purchase their Sky Socks which are specially designed for safe jumping on their trampolines. They were only $2, and you can reuse them the next time you jump.

They reminded me of those socks that toddlers wear with the grips on the bottom...


We went to the beginner class, and it was more intense than I thought it would be! It was super fun, and we sweated and jumped our butts off. The class ended with some core exercises too, which was a great little workout for my non-abs.

I will definitely be heading back sometime soon, that is after my muscles get a little time off. 

I'm scared to see how my body will feel tomorrow morning, but at least I'll get a good night's sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment