Thursday, December 19, 2013

iphone eats

Yes, I am one of those people. People who take photos of their food before digging in. Since I don't always take enough photos to write a blog post, here are a few photos of some recent meals that my iphone had the pleasure of eating with me.

Osmow's. Best shawarmas in the city... nothing else I've had compares. My favourite dish is their Chicken on the Rocks. Pure heaven.

Rice topped with chicken and special sauce

Cafe Crepe. Because sweet crepes for brunch was totally acceptable (and the best idea).

Top: Nutella, banana, fresh strawberry w/ vanilla ice cream
Bottom: Dark chocolate, fresh strawberry crepe w/ vanilla ice cream

Capitano Burgers & Gelato. K came to visit me at work one day so we popped by this burger joint in Yorkville  for lunch.

Top: The Ringer
beef & cheese burger, onion rings, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, aioli sauce, capitano sauce

Bottom: Spicy Burger
spice grilled beef burger, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, hot peppers, hot sauce, capitano sauce

Snakes and Lattes. A board game cafe where you can spend a few hours playing games with friends, or order some grilled cheeses and hot drinks while catching up with some old coworkers (what I did).

Left: Nutella latte / Right: Milk hot chocolate

Classic grilled cheese
cheddar, havarti, brie, tomatoes, black pepper

Firkin on King. Because this was right across S's condo and we were too tired to walk anywhere else for food. Some really great English-style pub food!

Buffalo Chicken Spuds n' Sauce
the classic poutine w/ buffalo style chicken fingers drizzled w/ blue cheese sauce

Five Guys. No description necessary. When you crave Five Guys, you crave it. There is no substitute.

Little Hamburger w/ Cajun Style Fries
burger patty, lettuce, tomato, hot peppers, ketchup, mayo

McDonald's. I'm not going to even bother linking to the URL because.. c'mon, it's McDonald's. I try not to eat at McDonald's because I feel gross after eating their food, but since they just re-released their McPoutine, I had to give it a try. The verdict? It was alright. A little disappointed, but it reminded me of the poutine from my high school cafeteria so at least I got to take a short walk down memory lane.

Ordered an After Eight pie as well to try, and was thoroughly disappointed. Probably one of their worst pies, which is a shame because I simply love After Eight chocolates.

Left: Bake After Eight Pie / Right: McPoutine

Froshberg Gelato. Surprisingly really good gelato for a food court franchise! (Ordered this after my sad McDonald's meal pictured above). This was my second time getting gelato from here and I was actually very satisfied with the consistency and flavour of their gelato.

Pomegranate gelato

Collectively that was a pretty unhealthy post, woops! I've started to get back more into my "clean eating" phase (aka no fried foods) so hopefully my next edition of this will contain less junk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment