Tuesday, October 8, 2013

red rooftops & stone walls

The first stop on our cruise was Dubrovnik, Croatia. It was H O T the day we were there… 38 degrees Celsius! Being the smart cookie I am, I decided to wear a maxi dress. In black.


We explored the narrow streets and stone walls of the old city, walked along the city walls, and saw the infamous red rooftops characteristic of Croatian buildings. It was gorgeous!







The views from the top of the city walls were breathtaking. On the left you would see old buildings, and on the right, ocean that stretches farther than the eye can see.








Since it was so unbelievably hot out, we decided to get gelato. Ever since my exchange, I’ve developed a huge obsession with praline, hazelnut, and salted caramel. So it was only fitting that I got hazelnut (or nocciolo, as it is called in Italian) as a flavour every single time.



After a bit more frolicking, we headed back to our cruise ship to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment