Sunday, February 3, 2013

rosewater

Second up on my Winterlicious list was Rosewater Room, a restaurant with high ceilings and gorgeous decor nestled in the heart of Toronto. B and I decided to try their dinner menu, and were not disappointed!

Main level dining room
(photo from website)

Our appetizers -
Butternut squash soup
Maple  chive cream

House-smoked duck prosciutto
Pomegranate & tangerine salad, Sweet potato wafers

Our mains -
Fire-roasted chicken breast
Garlic & honey glaze, Chanterelle & thyme bread pudding, Local root vegetables, Natural pan jus

Red wine braised lamb shank
Garlic mash, Roasted root cellar vegetables, Rosemary aioli

Our dessert -
Chocolate & hazelnut bombe
Passion fruit foam, Champagne raspberry coulis


Warm maple roasted apple & raisin crumble
Vanilla bean ice cream, Brown sugar caramel

Everything we had was so good. My favourite was the Chocolate & Hazelnut Bombe. So light but decadent.  A must try if you're a chocolate lover!

Rosewater on Urbanspoon

After dinner we headed over to Bier Markt for drinks. I ordered a Rekorderlig, which I haven't had since that one time at Temple Bar in Dublin. B ordered a Hoegaarden, and it came in a ginormous glass. She wanted a pint but that was definitely more. We laughed for a good while.



Afterwards we parted ways, and I subwayed over to my sister's where I proceeded to take a short nap before heading home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment