Wednesday, January 30, 2013

embrujo flamenco

This Winterlicious, I made reservations for a few restaurants I wanted to try out. First on the list was Embrujo Flamenco, a Spanish tapas restaurant in the Danforth. Kt gave me a few places to choose from and since I had such a great experience with tapas in Barcelona, I decided I needed to relive those dishes and decided on this restaurant, even though their Winterlicious menu did not offer tapas.


Bread w/ olive oil & salmorejo

To start -
Ensalada templada de calabazin y pimientos
Warm salad of tender zucchini w/ feta cheese & red peppers

Sopa de patatas y puerro
Leek and potato soup Spanish style

 Our entrees -
Solomillo de cuerdo con uvas y manzana
Apples & grape marinated pork tender loin served w/ sauteed apples,
green beans, & carrots w/ garlic and lavender and potato cake

Dessert -
Brazo gitano con tres leches y ron
Spanish style sponge cake with milk cream and rum

Flan de caramel
Creme caramel

Overall I felt the food tasted a little too much like home cooking for my taste. I really enjoyed the zucchini salad and the sauteed apples though, they tasted really unique. Kt found her leek and potato soup really good as well.

So would I recommend this restaurant? Not really, and definitely not for Winterlicious. Perhaps their tapas are better but compared to Barcelona, they have a very limited selection.

Embrujo Flamenco on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment